What does $54,000 a year get you at the elite Dalton School in NYC? During its closure (while most NY schools were open), it got you Zoom lessons online. When it reopens next month, $54,000 will get you extreme racial woke-ism.
Dalton is one of Manhattan’s most prestigious private schools. But it went into a ‘racial meltdown’ this week when parents found out staff members signed an anti-racist manifesto. This manifesto focuses on ‘challenges to white supremacy’ and includes a broad list of demands.
Dilbert creator Scott Adams explains how such a thing likely came about during private meetings (video below). Adams’ imagined scenario is funny but also scary: this could happen at your children’s school next.
List of Racial Demands:
The Naked Dollar blog has exclusively acquired the full list of racial demands from the school. Here is a summary of a few of them:
- The hiring of twelve (!) full-time diversity officers
- An additional full time employee whose “entire role is to support Black students who come forward with complaints.”
- Hiring of multiple psychologists with “specialization on the psychological issues affecting ethnic minority populations.”
- Pay off student debt of incoming black faculty
- Re-route 50% of all donations to NYC public schools
- Elimination of AP courses if black students don’t score as high as white
- Required courses on “Black liberation”
- Reduced tuition for black students whose photographs appear in school promotional materials
- Public “anti-racism” statements required from all employees
- Mandatory “Community and Diversity Days” to be held “throughout the year”
- Required anti-bias training to be conducted every year for all staff and parent volunteers
- Mandatory minority representation in (otherwise elected) student leadership roles
- Mandatory diversity plot lines in school plays
- Overhaul of entire curriculum to reflect diversity narratives
Parents speak out:
A father who did not want to be identified told the New York Post what he thinks of this. As a result of the demands, he is pulling his kids out of the school:
“This supposed anti-racist agenda is asking everyone to look at black kids and treat them differently because of the color of their skin. The school is more focused on virtue-signaling this nonsense than it is in actually helping students of color. More parents are going to be pulling their kids out.”
A Jewish parent gave his two-cents to The Post in addition:
“My ancestors experienced white supremacy by being slaughtered. The idea that being white automatically means you are privileged or a white supremacist is ridiculous. My child comes from people who had to fight for everything they got. It’s just about skin color now.”
Dilbert creator Scott Adams explains how this bizarre situation may have come about. (WARNING: several f-bombs get dropped).
The Naked Dollar points out a ridiculous irony:
“What you may not know is that Dalton has long been one of the most progressive schools in the country. They have actively encouraged the sort of thinking that is now biting them in the ass. And the obvious irony is that if Dalton is “systemically racist,” a belief they themselves promote, it is progressives who bear the responsibility.“